(a) For the purpose of this section, the “Refuse Collection Service Charge” shall apply to all residential dwelling units within the City of Moundridge, and all commercial establishments within the City of Moundridge that do not generate or require the removal of more than four poly carts of refuse per week.
(b) The “Refuse Collection Service Charge” shall be billed to each customer on a monthly basis. The service charge is based on the services provided below:
• Basic Refuse Collection Service, which includes one poly cart and one single stream recycling poly cart per residence for a charge of $16.88.
• Two poly carts and one single stream recycling poly cart will be provided for a charge of $24.12.
• Three poly carts and one single stream recycling poly cart will be provided for a charge of $35.52.
• Four poly carts rates one single stream recycling poly cart will be provided for a charge of $45.85.
• Five poly carts and one single stream recycling poly cart will be provided for a charge of $55.11.
(c) Commercial establishments requiring no more than five polycarts may acquire them as described in subsection (b). Establishments desiring more than five poly carts will be required to acquire an appropriately sized dumpster.
(d) Temporary increases in these rates for both residential and commercial customers may be made prior to the updating of this document on the basis of a direct pass through of authorized cost increases from the McPherson Area Solid Waste Utility.
(e) The monthly service charge as provided in subsections (a) and (b) above shall be payable as the utility bill is due and payable and the bill for the service shall appear on the utility bill.
(f) Rates and charges for refuse collection as herein set forth shall be in force from and after December 1, 2014.
(Ord. 870; Code 2012; Ord. 890; Ord. 897; Ord. 910; Ord. 931)